Add a CONTRIBUTING.md file to the repository
As several developers work on airGR, it would be a good idea to write development directives in an unified file.
Open source projects use a file named
CONTRIBUTING.md which include these useful information.
For details about the content of such a file, please have a look to: https://mozillascience.github.io/working-open-workshop/contributing/
It would be great to write some important information such as:
- the workflow: the reporter create a ticket, the developper create a branch and a merge request and work on this branch, the manager merge the branch when the job is done
- the syntax of the commit comments and the policy for versioning with how to fill the files
- the code syntax: "Capital CamelCase" for variables and functions, 2 spaces tabs, max line length, brackets on
- the testing environment: how to test the package locally and how it is tested by Gitlab-CI
- the release procedure: how to publish the package on CRAN?